Friday, March 20, 2009

California dreaming



Match Day


Song of the Day:

California Dreamin' - The Mamas & The Papas

California Dreaming - Wes Montgomery

Quote of the Day: "L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace!" --French proverb

Thought of the Day: Match Day 2009 yesterday at noon was an amazing experience. About 170 of us medical students gathered in the historic Bolling Haxall house in Richmond. The tension in the air was so thick you could cut it with a knife. 170 people, waiting to be handed the white envelope that would tell their fate for the next 3-5 years. My heart was sure beating faster as I waited for them to call my name. Names were called in random order, and finally they did call me (more than halfway through the names). Then Sweewawa and I opened the envelope and were ecstatic/surprised/happy/relieved to find out that I had matched at my first choices for both internship and residency! I will be staying at VCU to do my internship in Internal Medicine and then will be heading out west to Santa Barbara, CA to do my residency at Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital. It couldn't have worked out more perfect for us. We're thrilled. I felt so proud to have matched at my first choices, it was very validating that all the long hours of studying and work in the hospital was worth it! Included also in this post are some beautiful pictures of Santa Barbara. Cheers, Dr. Kowawa



No comments: