Sunday, March 15, 2009

Bessie's Blues



Song of the Day: St. Louis Blues - Bessie Smith

Quote of the Day: "They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself." --Andy Warhol

Thought of the Day: On this rainy day I'm listening to the great Bessie Smith sing the blues. The sounds really match the heavy, slow feel of this dreary day. Last night it was raining as well but Sweewawa and I celebrated indoors with a 6 course French meal which I prepared. The courses were (1) Aperitif: Kir and veggie platter (2) Entree: Soupe à l'Oignon gratinée (3) Main: Lamb medaillons with garlic (4) Cheese platter (Brie, Rocquefort, and Camembert) & Salad (5) Dessert: Congolais (Coconut biscuits) (6) Espresso (with Dark Chocolate). I prepared all the dishes myself, it was time-consuming but very satisfying! All recipes can be found at this wonderful site:

http://www.ffcook.com/pages/dinner.htm

Cheers & Bon Apetit, Dr. Kowawa

No comments: