Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Happy Mardis Gras

Song of the Day: Work To Do - The Isley Brothers

Quote of the Day: "I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it." --Thomas Jefferson

Thought of the Day: The song of the day today is a tip of the hat to the fact that I do not in fact have lots of work to do . . . for the first time in a long time. The last few months I have been very very busy with completing my interviews for internship and residency and, during Jan-Feb, doing a month of Emergency Medicine. Now I'm done. I have completed my last tough requirements for medical school, and it feels really great. I took my last exam of medical school on Wednesday of last week and my last shift in the ED on Friday. Woohoo!! This weekend Sweewawa and I celebrated by going skiing at Wintergreen resort. Quite fun until Sweewawa got steamrolled by an out-of-control snowboarder yesterday (with minor injuries sustained . . . she's OK now).



Anyway, I'm back home now in Richmond and am enjoying some well-deserved R&R. Wanted to revisit the old blog as I feel it is a really valuable growing experience. I would like to try to keep adding favorite songs, quotes, and thoughts in the coming months. Yesterday I celebrated Mardis Gras by making my own special recipe of Gumbo. Turned out really well, recipe is found in the previous post. Made enough for several days of Gumbolicious enjoyment. I am also enjoying this time off by (a) training for my upcoming footraces -- the Richmond Monument 10 K and the Charlottesville 10 miler (b) learning some jazz guitar -- I plan to work on learning some Joe Pass tunes (c) reading Sweewawa suggested literature and (d) watching movies -- most recently Millenium Actress -- which turned out to be one of our favorite films we've ever seen! Plan to keep posting updates to the blog in the coming days. Cheers, Dr. Kowawa

No comments: