Friday, September 12, 2008

Radiology

Have spent the last weeks working hard on my applications for Internal Medicine internship and Radiology residency. Also have been busy trying to learn as much as I can about Radiology during my Diagnostic Radiology elective. It's been quite a challenge balancing all these tasks at once! Sometime soon may post my Personal Statement, the essay about myself which I send to all potential internship and residency programs.

Song of the Day: No Ordinary Love - Sade
-- one of my favorite songs I used to play with Ezra Hamilton in our weekly duo gig at the Blue Moon Cafe in Charlottesville, VA (back in the day before medical school when I wasn't a boring nerd). Check out the awesome riff that begins at 4:37. I learned it note for note and still get chills in my spine listening to it.

Quote of the Day: "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that’s creativity." -- Charles Mingus (great jazz bass player)

Thought of the Day: Confidence goes a long way in all endeavors. No matter how much you prepare for any situation, when it comes down to it you have to just be in the moment and do the best you can with what you have. This is especially true in medical school when you are constantly surrounded by residents and attending physicians who know much more than you do. Each day I try to know my strengths, be cognizant of my weaknesses, and put my best foot forward. And I strive to keep learning more . . .

No comments: