Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Radiology beginning

Since I've last written we travelled to Atlanta, GA and I took the Step 2 CS. Quite a challenging exam! It was a bit of a nerve-wracking experience taking this from 3-11 PM doing 12 simulated patient encounters with standardized patients! After the exam we went to Charleston, SC where we had a wonderful time hitting the beach (despite foul weather) and roaming the streets of historic Charleston. Now it's back to the grind, have just started my first month of Radiology. I'm starting with Non-invasive Cardiovascular Imaging, which is a blast.

Song of the Day: Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy) - John Lennon

Quote of the Day: "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Lennon, from "Beautiful Boy" . . . philosophy and poetry weaved seamlessly into this wonderful tune

Thought of the Day: Love the Lord Li poem and the concept of Sweewawa's project. This last poem dances around the subject matter without making direct statements. I found that it takes a couple of reads before it makes sense, but I think that's part of the beauty of the piece.

No comments: