Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Pulled!

Got the page today, I got pulled! This means I'll be leaving Pulmonary Consults at the veterans hospital and heading back to the main campus for the Inpatient Gastrointestinal / Digestive Health service. One of my colleagues got sick and I've gotta cover. Which means much more work. Blah. At least it should be interesting. I'm probably going to be pulled for the next 4 days, which also means bye bye weekend . . .

Today I had a patient with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). In the process of taking his medical history he starts to tell me about getting shot in the back of the thigh. Being a veterans hospital patient I assume he's going to tell me a war story . . . but it turns out he was at the receiving end of the bullet as he was climbing out of a second story window. His girlfriend's husband had come home a little earlier than expected . . . Bam! He told me that was their last "date". Love the stories you'll get at the V.A.

Cheers, Dr. K

No comments: