Monday, June 22, 2009

A Day in the Life of an Intern

Today started orientation for my intern year. I plan to attempt to make quick posts this year under the Label "Day in the Life", as a way of recording some of the tidbits of what makes up the dreaded year of the medical intern. Favorite quote from today's (dis)orientation: "We're going to do all we can today to make this process as painful as possible." Whoops, think they meant "painLESS" . . . or did they?

One change that began today -- no more parking "down the hill" in the A lot. For four years I've had to trek up a ginormous hill every morning, passing over smelly I-95 on the way, sometimes facing extremes of cold, heat, or rain . . . now, with the MD degree I get privileges -- get to park in the D-deck ("D" for doctor?), which means a covered walkway straight to the hospital, no hill. Aaaaah . . . the good life.

No comments: