Saturday, May 16, 2009

Graduation from medical school



Songs of the Day:

Weird Fishes - Radiohead

My Way - Frank Sinatra



Quote of the Day: "The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled." --Plutarch

Thought of the Day: Today completed the second day of graduation ceremonies from medical school. The songs of the day are two that are dear to me. Weird Fishes is a Radiohead tune I really like, and is one I have listened to again and again during my years of studying. For some reason it seems even more special to me now that I have graduated. The second song is a tune made most famous by Frank Sinatra, My Way. Dr. Collins, one of the founders of the Human Genome Project, was the commencement speaker at the VCU graduation. At the end of his commencement speech he did a brilliant modification of "My Way", shown above.

After four years of near-constant, hard work I am done! I matched at my first choice for my desired specialty, Radiology, and am feeling on top of the world. All my work has paid off, and I am humbled and deeply honored to have earned my M.D. degree. I look forward to the next years of providing excellent care to my patients and continuing my studies of Medicine and Radiology.

Cheers, Dr. Kowawa

No comments: