Sunday, December 21, 2008

Fireside Post



Song of the Day: Whiskey Lullaby - Brad Paisley

Quote of the Day: "You've got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there." --Yogi Berra

Thought of the Day: Sitting here in front of a warm fire at home on a cold December day. The song of the day is a tune I heard on the radio once, very simple and sad. I'm not a great fan of country music but I do have to say that country musicians are masterful storytellers. I'm about to start writing thank-you letters to various residency programs at which I have recently interviewed. I have found that the act of trying to write sincere thank-you letters itself gives one a glimpse into how good a fit the program is for you. If you struggle to find the words for how you enjoyed the interview day and visiting the program it is a sign that it might not be a great fit.

No comments: